Top Blog Posts of the Week
5. Beginning the God Pleasing Lent
With God’s help we are beginning the Great Lent. We have to start to work on ourselves, to set our thoughts in order. Our inner man should restore. All our thoughts and feelings are devastated, tangled and crushed by the sin. How can we live in such a condition and say that we are Christians?...READ FULL ARTICLE
4. Excerpts from Sermons: God Granted Us a New Life
Often we think that the Church is something external, like an organization, an institution or a building. In fact, the Church is a new way of living, in which God unites with us. We all become the body of Christ, and get the eternal life in this union…READ FULL ARTICLE
3. Three Helpful Principles of Fasting
You ask about guidelines for fasting and whether all the rules you have read about amount to legalism. I will try to answer you as best as I can…READ FULL ARTICLE
2. Surviving the Great Lent... and flourishing
Most of us remember days in our life that have been so packed with activity that we skip breakfast, lunch, or dinner - or even all three. As a result, we can end up functioning for a whole day or more, depleted of energy, lethargic, or depressed…READ FULL ARTICLE
1. The Who's Who of the Great Canon of St. Andrew of Crete
As we approach Great Lent, the time given to us specifically for repentance, the Church gives us a whole host of images to help us. St. John of Kronstadt teaches that: “Imagery or symbols are a necessity of human nature in our presently spiritually sensual condition; they explain [by the vision] many things belonging to the spiritual world which we could not know without images and symbols”…READ FULL ARTICLE
- The Proper Understanding and Use of Antidoron
- Personal Stories: Why Would a Protestant Convert t...
- "Seek the Lord": an Interview with Nun Juliania, t...
- Where are we going?
- What are Zhavoronki and how to make them?
- Recent Miracles of the Kursk Icon of the Most Holy...
- In memory of the Forty Martyrs of Sebaste - A.D. 3...
- “The Surety of Sinners” Icon of the Mother of God
- Understanding the Veneration of the Holy Cross dur...
- The Origin of the Slanted Crosswise Bar in Orthodo...
- Excerpts from Sermons: We Must Become Free
- 77 Crosses from the Catalogue Of St.Elisabeth Conv...
- St. Patrick - an Orthodox Saint?
- "A Different Way of Life"
- The Role of Monasticism in the Byzantine and Ottom...
- Illness and Prayer
- Communion of the Taboric Light
- At the Feast of the Theotokos
- 100 Years Ago: Miracle On The Day Of The Abdicatio...
- Orthodoxy and Cremation
- The Path to Salvation
- The Curious Case of St. John Cassian
- How to Make Lent Great For Your Family
- The First Week of the Great Lent in St. Elisabeth ...
- Why do Icons of the Mother of God weep?
- Excerpts from "Family Life" by Elder Paisios the A...
- Light for the World: the Life of St. Gregory Palam...
- Almsgiving: A Challenge to Give with the Right and...
- The Sacred Shroud
- We United in the Glorification of the New Martyrs
- Why do we make prostrations?
- The Ministry of Church Singers
- The Life of Elder Nikolai Guryanov
- The Rite of Orthodoxy as explained by St. Theophan...
- The Heavenly Kingdom is Open for Everyone
- Why Do We Have to Wear a Cross?
- Relics and Mummies
- Photo Blog: Reading the Great Canon in St. Elisabe...
- The History Behind the “Kozelshchansk” Icon of the...
- Top 5 Blog Posts of the Week of February 27th
- The Word Anathema and Its Meaning explained by St....
- Basil the Great and the Constitution of Orthodox M...
- Koliva. Greek wheat berry dessert
- 6 stunning facts about the Great Canon of St. Andr...
- How to Read the Bible Like Saint Andrew of Crete
- Surviving the Great Lent... and flourishing
- Saint Alypius, the Iconographer of the Kievan Cave...
- Living as an Orthodox Christian in a Non-Orthodox ...
- 3 Helpful Principles of Fasting
- Beginning the God Pleasing Lent
- The Feast of the Meeting of the Lord in St. Elisab...
- ▼ March (51)
- ► 2016 (336)