|Help support the ministry of St. Elisabeth Convent|
Top Blog Posts of the Week
5. St. Elisabeth Convent Opens a Chapel at a Medical University Dormitory
It is 5:30 a.m. November 22, Minsk at the student dormitory. Some windows are shining in the morning darkness, and the doors of the dormitory of the Medical University are still closed. We knock on the door, and a sprightly warden opens it for us and invites us to go up on the second floor, where the hours are being read already…READ FULL STORY
4. St. Alexander Nevsky: On the Outside Struggle, on the Inside Serenity
The son of Prince Yaroslav, his heart was drawn to God from his youth. He overcame the Swedes on the river Neva on July 15th, 1240, whence he took the name ‘of the Neva’. On that occasion, Ss Boris and Gleb appeared to one of Alexander’s generals and promised their aid to the great prince, their kinsman. Among the Golden Horde of the Tartars, he refused to sacrifice to idols or pass through fire. The Tartar Khan valued him for his wisdom, and his physical strength and beauty. He built many churches, and performed innumerable works of mercy…READ FULL STORY
3. Introduction to the Divine Liturgy: The Eucharist Reenacted
The Divine Liturgy in its swaddlings at the beginning of the Christian era consisted of free hymns and prayers for the officiating of a certain framework of faith. It was officiated long before the beginning of the writings of the New Testament. The Divine Liturgy as such was the center of the inspiration of the first Christians in their communion with God and with one another…READ FULL STORY
2. How did the census of the Roman empire set the stage for the Nativity of Christ?
The border between the two Testaments became the day that changed the whole life of Mary. However, the real line between the Old and the New would lie along the river of Jordan. Christ says: “Before John there is the Law of Moses and the Prophets”. He himself kept silent until the moment the voice of His Forerunner had sounded…READ FULL STORY
1. "The Church is not a Social Club"
The Church is not just a social club, where you can go if you want, where you can listen to choirs, have a rest for your soul, console yourself and then leave it go on your way. It is a place where we meet God. And this meeting changes a person significantly...READ FULL STORY
- The Holy Prophet Daniel and the Three Youths: Anan...
- Top Ten Blog Posts of the Year
- On which days to commemorate the reposed?
- The First Twelve Sisters
- The Liturgical Colors of Vestments in the Orthodox...
- In Fairness to King Herod
- The Fascinating History of the Relics of Saint Spy...
- 10 Miracle-Working Icons of Saint Nicholas
- What the Orthodox believe concerning prayer for th...
- Orthodoxy and Dreams
- The life of St Spyridon the Wonderworker Bishop of...
- Top 5 Blog Posts of the Previous Week
- The Feast of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. ...
- When Someone is Waiting for You...
- Concerning Animals and Pets in Orthodox Tradition
- The Icon of the Mother of God "The Unexpected Joy"...
- The Tradition of Long Hair and Beards
- What is Success?
- The Announcement to the Shepherds
- The Orthodox Christian Marriage
- The Myth of Little Christians
- The Life and Ministry of St. Nicholas the Wonderwo...
- Top 5 Blog Posts of the Week
- Where Can One Go Inside an Orthodox Church?
- St. Sava of Storozhevsk and Zvenigorodsk, the Disc...
- How to make Prosphoras
- Why does one become a monastic?
- A Homily on the Holy Prophet Habakkuk
- A human being as a continuation of the Divine Act
- The Holy Prophet Nahum
- "The Joyful Hearts" ensemble will perform a charit...
- A Glimpse Behind the Scenes: The Three Parables Fi...
- The Sisterhood of St. Elisabeth Convent celebrates...
- The Star of Bethlehem: An Orthodox Approach
- The life and missionary journeys of The Holy Apost...
- What can we learn from Apostle Andrew?
- 16 General Tips for Orthodox Living
- Q&A with an Orthodox Priest: "Why Do We Need To Fa...
- Top 5 Blog Posts of the Last Week
- On the Veneration of the Holy Relics
- "The Church is not a Social Club"
- God Becomes Human To Show Us the Way
- Photo Blog: The Blessing of the Icon of St. Vyache...
- "Fasting unites man with God"
- The Holy Great Martyr and Most Wise Catherine of A...
- Introduction to the Divine Liturgy: The Eucharist ...
- St. Alexander Nevsky: On the Outside Struggle, on ...
- St.Elisabeth Convent opens a chapel at a medical u...
- How did the census of the Roman empire set the sta...
- The Great Prince and Saint: Alexander Nevsky
- The sisters of St.Elisabeth Convent will participa...
- Orthodox theology and science
- A Word about Icons
- Top 5 Blog Posts of the Week
- Personal Stories: The Gift of Orthodoxy
- Life of The Holy Prophet Obadiah
- Holy Prophet Obadiah as a Model for our Lives
- The Personal Relationship Of St. Gregory Palamas w...
- Mourning over your Sins
- The sisters from St.Elisabeth Convent invite you t...
- ▼ December (60)