Grant unto me, O Lord, that with peace of mind I may face all that this new day is to bring.
Grant unto me to dedicate myself completely to Thy Holy Will.
For every hour of this day, instruct and support me in all things.
Whatsoever tidings I may receive during the day, do Thou teach me to accept tranquilly, in the firm conviction that all eventualities fulfill Thy Holy Will.
Govern Thou my thoughts and feelings in all I do and say.
When things unforeseen occur , let me not forget that all cometh down from Thee.
Teach me to behave sincerely and rationally toward every member of my family, that I may bring confusion and sorrow to none.
Bestow upon me, my Lord, strength to endure the fatigue of the day, and to bear my part in all its passing events.
Guide Thou my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope, to suffer, to forgive, and to love.
- The basics of the faith: What Orthodox Christians ...
- A Day with an Orthodox Priest
- Hiero-confessor Athanasius (Sakharov), Bishop of K...
- The Icon of the Mother of God the Grower of Crops
- On the sand or on the stone of faith?
- Quick Facts: The Bell
- The Patron Icon of Kazan: The Icon of the Mother o...
- The Akathist to the Icon of the Mother of God of I...
- The Miraculous Icon of The Mother of God of Iveron...
- Your little bird: A Short Story for Children
- Cute Animals To Cuddle: Animal-assisted therapy at...
- Morning Prayer of the Optina Elders
- True Love in Family
- Analyzing the Orthodox approach to the end of time...
- The Pskov-Caves Tenderness Icon of the Mother of G...
- 32 Signs and Symbols in Christianity
- The creation of an icon: From an iconographer's st...
- How did the saints earn a living?
- The Genealogy of Jesus Christ
- Two homes for the homeless
- Photo Blog: The Feast Day at the Women's Rehabilit...
- Holy Tradition: The Road That Leads Home, Part 1
- The Holy Great Martyr Eustathius
- Questions that are Often Asked About The Mother Of...
- Young children in the Orthodox Church. Part 3: The...
- The incredible performers
- Why do the Saints never smile on icons?
- A look inside the Holy Altar
- 13 musical instruments from the Bible
- Canon to St. Sergius of Radonezh
- Back to Sunday School: The start of the new year a...
- Why is it important to take your children to Sunda...
- Young children in the Orthodox Church. Part 2: The...
- Making the Sign Of The Cross
- The head choir conductor of St.Elisabeth Convent t...
- Three Christian Virtues: Love
- Man is free to live without sin
- St. John Chrysostom: An Excerpt from "Concerning L...
- ▼ October (39)